25 March 1880: Bill of sale by William Morgan Lewis (trading as Lewis Brothers), 4 Charles Street, Britonferry, ship chandler, &c., in favour of William Usher
29 January 1904: J. Powell & Son, 29 St Leonard’s Road, Windsor (late Mr C. Usher):
31 July 1914: Falmouth Visitors List: Green Bank Hotel: Mr and Mrs Calder Hardy, Mr and Mrs Hawes, Mr and Mrs Wood, Miss Hearn, Miss Cross, Mr Percy Phillpotts, Mr N. Pawle, Mr Malcolm Pawle, Mr Keith Mackenzie, Mr and Mrs Brinkley, Misses Brinkley (2), Mr and Mrs Thomson, Mr and Mrs Robinson, Mr Wade Dalton, Mr and Mrs Bettson, Dr and Mrs Grant Wilson, Miss Stevenson, Miss Macdonald, Mr and Mrs Bosher, Mr E. L. Usher and son, Mr Dickinson, Mr Danson, Mr Corder and party (3), Mrs Provis, Mrs Barton, Mr and Mrs Rickards, Mr and Mrs and Miss Sarle, Mr and Mrs Ellison and party (4), Mr Pitcairn, Mr Van Blitz, Mr R. R. Appleby (resident)
October 1922: A short account of the work of Mr Owen, till illness caused him to resign his post as vicar of Seaton Hirst. … As curate of Cambois, he was entrusted by his vicar, Canon Usher, with the building of the mission church. … Seaton Hirst was a district of the parish of Woodhorn, in which Mr (now Canon) Rhodes had built a nice church – St John’s. … We can but earnestly hope that rest and his native North Wales air will help to renew his health.