Ancient market town in Chester archdeaconry of the diocese of Coventry & Lichfield, to 1541: then in the diocese of Chester
Stockport [centre, blue] surrounded, south of the Mersey, clockwise from the north, by Brinnington [orange], Bredbury [yellow], Offerton [pink], Bosden [orange], Bramhall [pink] and Cheadle [green]. These were all in the ancient ecclesiastical parish of Stockport, except for Cheadle and Bosden, in Cheadle.
24 November 1789: Bond by Thomas Chadwick [signs] of Bredbury, county Chester, hatter, Nathan Royle [signs: Ryle] of Romiley, county Chester, yeoman and Joseph Coppock [signs] of Stockport, county Chester, hatter, to Samuel Boyer gentleman clerk of His Majesty’s court of record for the manor and forest of Macclesfield, in £50: for Chadwick to appear at the next court to prosecute John Thorniley of Stockport yeoman, for wrongfully taking and unjustly detaining one gray gelding (worth £50). Witness: Lawrence Walker [signs]
22 July 1822: Distraint of 2d pair of Bedsteads Beds and Bedding – one stand and all other things found upon the premises in Stockport, for £4 12s 6d rent and arrears of rent due to Mr Charles Stubbs. [endorsed: Wm. Maces Destrain]
July 1930: Bootham School, Summer Term 1930: List of Boys: Ian C. Barton, Stockport: Lower Senior, bedroom 24, Penn House
Streets, Places, &c.