Southmills, Bedfordshire

hamlet of the ancient parish of Blunham

Southmills, Bedfordshire, 1882

3 February 1508: At Westminster on the morrow of Candlemas 23 Henry VII [3 February 1508] before Robert Rede, John Fyssher, John Kyngesmyll and John Boteler justices: Robert Brudenell justice, Thomas Pygott, John Mordaunt, William Marshall, Thomas Knyghton, John Burgoyn and William Westerdale clerk plaintiffs v. Edmund Lucy knight & Alianora his wife deforciants of the manor of Mogerhanger, 14 messuages 14 gardens, 1000 acres of land, 60 acres of meadow, 300 acres of pasture, 100 acres of woodland and 30s rents in Mogerhanger, Blounham, Charleton, Southmyll, Sonday & Beeston. Deforciants acknowledge the premises to belong to John Mordaunt, for which the plaintiffs grant the premises to the defendants for life, to remain to John Mordaunt and his heirs