12 January 1854: A Correct List of the Poll, at the Election of a Knight of the Shire, for the Eastern Division of the County of Gloucester. Campden Polling District: Parish of Quinton: Abode: Quinton Field: Samuel Reeves. Cheltenham Polling District: Parish of Badgworth: Abode: Badgworth: John Reeves. Township of Bishop’s Cleeve: Abode: Bishop’s Cleeve: George Guy Reeves. Hamlet of Gotherington in Bishop’s Cleeve: Abode: Gotherington: John Reeves
27 October 1866: The Register of Electors to Vote in the Choice of a Member or Members to Serve in Parliament, for the City of Gloucester, for 1866-7. Occupiers of property in South Hamlet: Daniel Reeves of Spa, for a house, Montpellier Cottage.
25 March 1880: Bill of sale by Joseph Reeves, 202 Camden Mews, Camden Road, cab proprietor, in favour of Thomas Okey
29 January 1904: ‘Windsor Wesleyan Church: The musical portions of the various services in the Wesleyan Church, Alma Road, have long been noted for the bright and hearty rendering which they have ever met with, and no small credit in the matter is due to the energetic choirmaster and his loyal adherents. It was not surprising, therefore, that a large company of friends assembled in the schoolroom adjoining the sanctuary on Tuesday evening, when the choir gave a cantata entitled “The Lion of Judah”. The chair was taken by the Rev. W. Spiers, M.A., superintendent minister, who has evinced more than ordinary interest in the welfare of the choristers during the time of his sojourn in this district. After a brief address, urging upon his hearers the duty and obligation of the congregation and friends due to the members of the choir for their services during the year, the rev. gentleman proceeded to compare the state of the choir now with what it was some time ago. The programme of the evening was then proceeded with. Mrs Spiers (pianist) and Mr Harris (organist) did full justice to the opening march, and much of the success of the evening’s entertainment was due to the magnificent manner in which they accompanied the various items. The opening piece of vocal music was a chorus, “We sing Emmanuel”, with solos by Miss Edwards (treble), Mr Reeves (tenor) and Mr Sloane (bass). Miss L. Young (treble) and Mr J. W. Bell (bass) took the duet, “While shepherds watch”, followed by a full chorus. Mr J. and Miss Harris then gave an acceptable duet in “Mortals awake”. Miss Edwards, who undoubtedly possesses a rich treble voice, was heard to great advantage in her various efforts throughout the performance, but really excelled herself in dealing with the solo, “Mary’s joy”. She quite charmed the assembly by her superb singing, especially when one considers the number of trained voices there are in this neighbourhood. The ladies were then conspicuous in giving full justice to a chorus in unison. The quartette, “Christ in the temple”, was followed by one of the gems of the cantata, a bass solo, “Christ’s baptism”, with which Mr Sloane added another success to his former achievements. The accompanists having again exhibited their skill on their respective instruments in the “Pastoral March”, Mr C. Pascoe was responsible for the solo, “Christ’s Mission”. Mr Pascoe had full command of his rich, mellow voice, and the audience showed its approval of his performance in a marked manner. This was, however, but a forecast of better things to follow, and the manner in which the next part was given would have done credit to many a better known group of musicians. The contralto solos throughout were in the capable hands of Miss Tucker, yet without question her best accomplishment was in dealing with the solo, “Christ Heals the Sick”. Not less creditable was Miss Gambrill’s soprano rendering of the same selection, and Mr Sloan was also prominent in this item. The chorus “Thrice Blessed Lord” was most notable for the well-balanced manner of its rendering. The duet, “Bethany” (by Misses Gambrill and Tucker), was followed by a quartette, “Kedron”. This was undoubtedly the gem of the collection, and the parts were well sustained by the Misses L. Young, Tucker and Messrs J. Harris and F. Attride. “The Crucifixion” was very effectively sung by the whole choir, and formed a suitable and pathetic contrast to the jubilant tones of the well-known Easter hymn, which followed immediately after. A further quartette having been carefully gone through, the finest chorus of the cantata, “Lion of Judah”, was rendered, and the admirable way in which this was performed reflected the greatest credit in those responsible for the training of the voices. The concluding piece, “Jubilee Song”, was a fitting termination to the musical effort of the evening, and the audience was not slow to show its approval. We understand that the collection, which was taken in aid of the choir funds, exceeded all expectations. Altogether the whole performance was a distinct success, and doubtless the choir will look forward with sanguine hopes to the further effort intended to be made about Easter-tide.’
8 February 1908: St Augustine’s Petty Sessions: Saturday – Saturday – Chartham: Albert Reeves, a soldier in the 7th Dragoon Guards, was charged with snaring rabbits at Chartham. – Edward Packman, gamekeeper to the executors of the late Mr H. D. Barnes, at Chartham, said he watched defendant go and take a rabbit out of the snare, and when he told him to take up any other snares he had set, defendant went straight to a wire and took it up. – Defendant said the gamekeeper pointed out the snare to him and asked him to take it up, otherwise he should not have done so. – The Bench considered there was not sufficient evidence to convict defendant, although the case was a suspicious one.
5 January 1928: West Sussex: At the Chichester General Quarter Sessions before William Percival Gratwicke Boxall, esquire, K.C., chairman; Frederick Temple Barrington-Ward, esquire, K.C., deputy chairman, holden at the Court House, Chichester. Sir Edward Boyke, bart, Ockham, Salehurst, Sussex, high sheriff; Arthur W. Farndell, esquire, 87 High Street, Lewes, and 24 Bedford Row, London W.C.1, under sheriff; Walter Charles Stephenson Chapman, esquire, 24 Bedford Row, London W.C.1, deputy sheriff; S. Thornely, County Hall, Chichester, clerk of the peace; E. Winter, governor, His Majesty’s Prison, Portsmouth. Prisoner: Frederick John Brown, aged 24, club maker. Previous convictions: Birched, Petty Sessions, Bromley, 3 December 1914 (larceny) as Fernley John Henry White. Birched, Petty Sessions, Bromley, 14 September 1916 (larceny) as Fernley John Henry White. To Reformatory, Petty Sessions, Bromley, 18 January 1918 (stealing roll of cloth) as Fernley John Henry White. Committed from Steyning, 5 December 1927. Received in prison 28 November 1927 (on remand). Offence: During the night of 25 November 1927, burglary in the dwelling-house of John James Naylor and stealing 24 watches, 1 clock, and other articles of the value of £20/1/3. 2nd Charge: On 25 November 1927, at Kingston-on-Sea, breaking and entering the shop of James Crowder and stealing 1 table knife, 1 razor and other articles. Tried before: F. T. Barrington Ward, esquire, K.C., 5 January 1928. Plea: Guilty. Sentence: 12 months hard labour. Prisoner: Leonard Henry Ford, aged 19 years 6 months, labourer. Previous conviction: Bound over, Petty Sessions, Bromley, 27 March 1923 (wilful damage) as Henry William Reeves. Committed from Steyning, 5 December 1927. Received in prison 28 November 1927 (on remand). Offence: As Frederick John Brown (above). Tried before: F. T. Barrington Ward, esquire, K.C., 5 January 1928. Plea: Guilty. Order of the Court – Bound over in £5 for 2 years (Probation of Offenders Acts 1907, 1925).
21 July 1937: Joyce Reeves, 15 Thrumpton Lane, aged 13, enrolled in the 1st Retford Company of Girl Guides.
December 1942: Valete. 5B. B. Reeves.
December 1945: Candidates for membership of the Cyclists’ Touring Club: C. Reeves, 9 Cliffwood Avenue, Birstall, near Leicester; A. T. Reeves, 34 Grant Road, Addiscombe
12 June 1951: I. Reeves, soprano, The Alexandra Choir
15 April 1953: County court judgment against Albert James Reeves, 4 Derby Road, Forest Hill, schoolmaster
c1990: Miss Reeves, Thamesfield, Wargrave Road, Henley-on-Thames, Oxon.