Mellor, Derbyshire

chapelry of the ancient parish of Glossop

Mellor [‘Meller’], Derbyshire, 1612

Mellor, Derbyshire, 1793

Census Abstract, 1821

Samuel Lewis, Topographical Dictionary of England, 1845

Mellor, Derbyshire, 1896


3 September 1757: John Beard [signs] and Ralph Fearn [signs] churchwarden and overseer of the poor of Mellor in the parish of Glossop, county Derby. Settlement certificate  of William Wood: to the churchwardens and overseers of the poor of Alderley, county Chester. Witnesses: Geo: Higenbottam [signs], John Heward [marks].  Hen: Eyre [signs] and Jno. Simpson [signs] Justices of the Peace and of the Quorum for the county of Derby certify attestation of John Heward the witness



Streets and Houses