Ancient market town in Bedford archdeaconry of the diocese of Lincoln
The civil parishes adjoining Luton [pink] are, clockwise from the top, Limbury [green], Stopsley [yellow], Hyde [blue], Caddington [green] and Leagrave [yellow]: all of which were hamlets of the ancient ecclesiastical parish of Luton, except Caddington, which was an ancient parish in its own right.
28 August 1891: For sale: 8yds. double width black French merino. Cost 3/6 yard; price 15/- lot. Cox, fruiterer, Luton, Beds.
Streets, Places, &c.