Ancient parish in Gloucester archdeaconry of the diocese of Worcester, until the creation of the diocese of Gloucester in 1541
Eastington [centre, blue] surrounded by (from the north, clockwise) Wheatenhurst [yellow], Standish [pink], Stonehouse [yellow], Leonard Stanley [green], Frocester [yellow], Coaley [pink] and Frampton on Severn [orange]. All of these were separate ancient ecclesiastical parishes.
12 January 1854: A Correct List of the Poll, at the Election of a Knight of the Shire, for the Eastern Division of the County of Gloucester. Avening Polling District: Parish of Horsley: Abode: Eastington: Edward Wood Mason