Ancient market town in Berkshire archdeaconry of the diocese of Salisbury
Abingdon [blue] and St Helen’s Without [yellow], surrounded by [from the top, clockwise] Wootton [blue], Sunningwell [orange], Radley [pink], Culham [green], Sutton Wick [orange] and Marcham [pink], all of which were separate ancient ecclesiastical parishes, with the exception of Wootton (chapelry of the ancient parish of Culmer) and Sutton Wick (township of the ancient parish of Sutton Courtney.
9 February 1502: At Westminster, octaves of Candlemas 17 Henry VII [9 February 1502], before Thomas Wode, William Danuers, John Vauasour, and John Fyssher justices; adjourned to quindene of Easter 17 Henry VII [10 April 1502]: William Rede knight, Richard Emson and Richard Horton, plaintiffs, v. Thomas Halys and Katherine his wife, deforciants of 12 messuages, 10 gardens, 8 acres of land, 2 acres of meadow, 6 acres of pasture in Abendon. Purchaser: Richard Emson. Consideration: 100 marks
21 April 1504: At Westminster quindene of Easter 19 Henry VII [21 April 1504], before Thomas Frowyk, John Vauasour, and John Fyssher justices: William Nores knight, John Fetiplace esquire, James Braybroke and John Yate, plaintiffs, v. Christopher Colles and Matilda his wife, deforciants of two messuages and two gardens in Abendon. Purchasers: plaintiffs. Consideration: 40 marks.
28 August 1891: For Sale: Very large pure bred nanny goat. Cash 25/-, or offers. A. C. Stroud, Abingdon, Berkshire
Streets, Places, &c.